Our younger brothers are integral companions of our lives and often members of our families. We want their lives to be full, comfortable and carefree, and we try to surround them with attention and give them our love. But pets can be different. Some people like cats, some like dogs, some like mice or hamsters, and some like to breed decorative rabbits, which are cute and beautiful creatures. And they must live exclusively in the cells, which will be discussed.
It should be said that the cage for the decorative rabbit must be such that at least 4 times its size. It should be distinguished by such elements and features.
- She must have a manger for hay. Hay lying on the floor becomes useless much faster. Therefore, there is a need to equip a special place where hay should be laid.
- Drinking bowl In order for the rabbit to always drink, the cage must have free access to the drinker, where fresh water will be. The drinker can easily be made from the most ordinary bowl or saucer. The main thing that the animal could not overturn the tank. True, now they mostly install special nipple drinker systems operating in auto mode. As soon as the rabbit hits the ball-type valve, water begins to flow from the mechanism drop by drop.
Thanks to this, the cell will always be clean and dry.
- Bowl with food for the animal. It is best to use dishes made of ceramics with a heavy and wide bottom, so that it could not be turned over by a small animal. Also quite popular today feeders mounted type that are attached to the grill. They are easy to fill with food and wash.
- House Any animal needs its own angle. And to make it yourself in addition to the cell is quite simple.
- Tray. It is best to use a tray made of plastic, the depth of which is somewhere between 10–12 centimeters. Experts suggest putting paper or napkins first, and then sawdust or shavings at the bottom of the tray. This will significantly simplify the cleaning of the toilet rabbit.
And breeders suggest using cat litter, having previously closed it with a fine grid. It will be better if the tray is attached to the cell rods.
An important feature is the fact that the bottom of the cell should in no case be slippery. But too hard surface can cause the appearance of inflammatory reactions on the hind legs of the animal. The use of sawdust as a bedding material is not the best option, because they will stick to the wool and paws of the animal. It would be better to use some kind of soft cloth. In general, any homemade cell must meet a number of requirements.
How to choose?
The main conditions for choosing a cage for the species of rabbits in question will be safety and convenience during harvesting. Also in this design there should not be even hints of any sharp objects so that the animal does not get injured.
In addition, the next point is that the feeder and the feeder should be rounded. If we talk about the walls of the cage, then it is best to select a model for a dwarf rabbit, such that its ceiling and walls are made of galvanized rods. Note that rabbits very often gnaw on any object that they see when sharpening their teeth, which is why the coating must be durable, high-quality, and not be covered with paint-and-lacquer materials based on polymers. Best of all will be a large cage with a lattice body and a plastic tray.
If we talk about the height of the cage, then the animal should be able to stand on its hind legs and not touch the ceiling with its ears, if it is, of course, not a mini-cage, which is designed for the content of guinea pigs. Many people often keep rabbits there. In general, the height of such a structure should be at least 60 centimeters.
It should also be said that the door of the cage of the type in question should be sufficiently wide so that, if necessary, one could easily reach the rabbit without injuring him and himself. The palm should run freely in the opening.
Speaking about the material from which it is necessary to make a cage, it should be noted that it should be safe, easy to wash, and also not contain wide gaps and various sharp ends.
In some cases, the cell rods have either a galvanized coating or are covered with plastic, which prevents rust.
A pretty good solution would be a multi-story cage. This will save space in the room, but also give the animal a maximum of space for walking. If you decide to purchase such a structure, then a bedroom is equipped on some floor, toys are placed there, and on the other, usually the lowest, everything necessary for life is put – from the tray to the feeder. The floors are connected using a wide and slightly inclined ladder, along which the rabbit will run with great pleasure.
In addition to the extra space for living, rabbits will have the opportunity to climb up and down, and the problem of restricting movement will not be as acute as in normal versions.
As you can see, there are quite a few criteria for selecting a rabbit cage.
How to do it yourself?
If you want to create a cage for the group of animals in question at home, then the implementation of such a project begins with the need to have drawings or a scheme for the future structure for the animal. As a basis, you can take a simple frame with a ladder and one additional floor. If you draw the drawing correctly, you can immediately determine how much material you need, how the walls and doors will be fixed, and so on.