Keeping rabbits on private farms has always been profitable because they are not whimsical and do not require special care. But over what you have to work. So this is over creating a cage for rabbits, we can give you very simple dimensions and drawings, we will give you. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to do without such houses, they will definitely have to be done. There is another option for keeping rabbits in the pits, but it is quite specific, and also labor-intensive. If you decide to use the more traditional method, then this material will be useful to you.
Of course, the most important in designing a cage for rabbits is a drawing, you can make it yourself, or use a ready-made scheme. Sizes are chosen of course, given the number of livestock. But, as a rule, the case is not limited to one design, and most often, breeders need to create from three such houses and more.
For adult rabbits:
The cage of two sections is perfect for keeping adult rabbits. What sizes: 1.4 meters in length (minimum), width 0.6-0.7 meters, height 0.6 meters. Between the sections, as a rule, organize a feeder, where dry food is placed: hay, and various herbs. If you have little space in the barn, and a lot of animals, you can make a two-story dwelling.
Cages for young rabbits:
In such dwellings, eared are placed in groups, to make them quite simply. Sizes 2m-3m per 1 meter. Height about half a meter. More accurately calculate the formula will help you. On one fluffy little animal should fall 0.12 M2 of free space. Sometimes young animals are not provided with separate apartments, but are kept with adults, sometimes this method is justified, but only if there are not too many animals and they will not be crowded.
Dwelling for the rabbit with litter:
But for the rabbit, waiting for the offspring, a separate cell is necessary. As a rule, it is designed in two sections: the aft part and the uterine section, the halves must be partitioned off, and a manhole should be made. It must be done above the floor by about 12 centimeters, so that newborns could not move from one part to another. Such cells are 40 cm by 40 cm, height 20 cm.
Where do rabbit giants contain:
There are special breeds of giant rabbits, for them, of course, ordinary cells will be small. Of course, this is rare, but if you decide to take this step, then for obvious reasons, you will have to make a more spacious house. The minimum dimensions of which will be: width 75, length 170 centimeters. Of course, this is the minimum size, most often they are made even larger.
We make a cage according to the rules:
And so, in case you still intend to make cages for rabbits with your own hands, according to the drawings, and the sizes that we offered. You need to take into account a few more useful tips in order not to redo work after a few weeks:
- Since rabbits belong to rodents, it is impractical to leave accessible wooden objects inside, it is better to sheathe metal, this is not a very laborious process, but you will extend the life of your cages for many years.
- Do not use antiseptics, when working, it can adversely affect your pets.
- If the houses on the street without a canopy, then the roof must be made of slate or tin, so that the moisture does not get inside. Metal roofs are very hot in the summer, and the animals feel, to put it mildly, not comfortable.
- To make the box frame, you can use a bar (50 millimeters by 50 millimeters). It is allowed to manufacture it on a metal base. Sheathe with the help of chain-link 25mm to 25mm. The front side and the doors are closed with a grid, the back wall must be solid so as not to create drafts in the room.
- For the manufacture of the floor is suitable mesh, with a mesh size of 25 to 25 millimeters, it is possible to replace with 10 to 25 millimeters. This is done to ensure that waste activities do not remain on the floor, but fall into a special container under the bottom of the cell. In no case do not make the floor solid, because the urine of these fluffies is very toxic, can cause the processes of rotting wood. You can make the floor of the beam with small gaps, through which everything will flow unnecessarily to the ground or into special containers. If you make the floor of plywood, it will have to periodically get and clean.
How to build a cage for rabbits with your own hands:
We offer you a step-by-step instructions for making a house for eared ones, with your own hands, this is one of the simplest options that even an inexperienced farmer or summer resident can easily implement. The first step is taken on the drawings, they are based on the calculations of the number of heads in your farm. To make a double cage, on average, this calculation is taken: 300 cm by 70 cm, height, 120 centimeters in front, and 100 cm behind. Next, we draw a drawing, it’s simple.
How to make a cage for rabbits with your own hands, after making a drawing, step by step instruction:
- Two sheets of plywood 150 cm by 150 cm. Thickness 1 cm.
- Ten throws three meters long, 3 centimeters by 5 cm.
- Metal mesh, cells 1.5 centimeters, 3 m.
- Two kilograms of screws, 3 centimeters and 7 centimeters.
- Household tools.
- It should start with the manufacture of the frame, it is done on a flat surface. Size 300 to 70 centimeters. 120 high at the front and 100 centimeters at the back. Make it necessary and legs.
- Now we make the floor, we cover it with a grid, it is possible not completely, but only a part, the mother liquor is made with a flat, continuous floor.
- We proceed to the manufacture of the rear wall, it will need to be cut to the specified dimensions, after which we fasten with screws. In place of the mother liquor we fix the sheets on the sides, in the place where there is no mesh.
- The first we will form exactly the place for okrol. Fasten a vertical bar, then fasten a wall to it, make a manhole, at a height of 10.15 cm from the floor. Separate the mother liquor from the rest of the space in bars, and cover with a roof.
- The next step will be the manufacture of the feeder, between the sections we attach the timber vertically. Two troughs are fastened to it, their height is 7 cm, and the width is 30 cm. From above we will fix two more cubes, approximately at a distance of 0.2m. Now make a feed supply device out of plywood sheets, as you can see in the photo. Its lower part goes straight to the feeder, and the upper part is fixed between the two guide bars.
- With the help of steel rods we make a hay feeder.
- All the rest will need to sheathe with plywood. We mount the roof, in the front of the building we make about five meters, and on the sides and on the back – parts of ten centimeters. Leave a hole above the feeder, in it we will lay the feed. You can cover it with a lid, because in the case of its openness there will get a mouse or rat. Install the doors, they are made of boards, or mesh, you can apply and sheets of plywood. That’s it, ready!
In case you decide that this option is not suitable for you, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with one more, this time a video instruction on how to make cages for rabbits with your own hands, using drawings, it will be more difficult, you need to compose them yourself:
This is where our story is completed, it’s very simple to make such houses for eared ones, and you don’t need to spend a lot of money on materials, most of them are available, and probably you have nothing to do at the site. We wish you easy and successful work, we say goodbye to you, until we meet again on our website about agriculture.