Many breeders decide to make their own metal cages for rabbits, dimensional drawings are selected individually. This approach allows you to make a more convenient design and for a furry animal, and for the breeder. In addition, you can save a significant amount of money. For the construction of the structure will fit almost any available materials. The article describes a popular version of the metal cage, which a person without special tools and skills can make.
How to make metal cages for rabbits?
What kind of metal cages for rabbits are popular?
For self-production of cages for rabbits, the most commonly used mesh and the materials at hand. The material must be strong enough to support the weight of an adult rabbit, and the cells are not too large in diameter, otherwise the paws of the animal will fall and be injured. Rabbit leaders recommend constructing practical and simple designs, namely:
- Cages for rabbits without frame for breeding indoors.
- Cells with frame for keeping outside.
The size of the cage must be selected, focusing on the breed of the animal. Meat rabbits usually have a large weight and body size. Broiler breeding cages for rabbits should be spacious and able to withstand individual weight. The most commonly used galvanized mesh with cell diameters 10H25 mm. Such a small section is suitable for the manufacture of the cell bottom. The sides can be made with larger cells. Sometimes one or several sides can be made of tin or plywood. This will achieve greater rigidity.
Rabbit cages can be assembled from metal mesh and wood frame
The metal mesh is attached to the wooden frame with staples or nails. First you need to cut the material of the desired size for the selected project. If we prepare all the details of the cage for rabbits, it will only be necessary to assemble all of them into a single structure. Usually all work can be done in one day.
Drawings and steps for making a metal rabbit cage
Getting to the assembly structure, you must select the size of the cell. Much depends on the breed of rabbits and on the number of individuals living in it. Family cages for rabbit and toddlers should be spacious. However, if the construction of the queen cell is planned, then the floor should be made of a more suitable material than the mesh. A tree that is always warm and protects rabbits from drafts is more suitable.
Rabbit leaders with experience recommend immediately to make several cells of different sizes. This will save time and material.
Rabbit cages are easy to assemble if the wooden frame is sheathed in mesh according to the drawings
The steps for making rabbit cages are as follows:
- The size. It is recommended to make cells of the following size: length – about 100 cm, width – 80 cm, height – 45-50 cm.
- Cutting the grid. Scissors for metal cut walls and bottom of the desired size.
- Collecting designs. Using fastening rings or wire, we connect the sides of the structure together.
- Production of partitions. If several rabbits grow in a cage, it is worth making an internal partition. Plywood or scrap materials are well suited for this.
- Bottom mounting. The bottom of the cell must be attached to the second bottom of the cell. The resulting space of a few centimeters will be used to place under the bottom of the net floor a pallet for waste and garbage.
- Door installation. The entrance to the cage should be spacious enough so that it is easy to get the animal and carry out the cleaning. At the final stage it is necessary to eliminate all sharp edges.
- The construction of the pallet. To do this, use metal tin, which is cut to the desired size. If the cell volume is large, it is recommended to make two separate pallets. Its edges are bent upward so that excrement and debris from the cage does not fall out.
- Frame To make the frame, you can use wooden bars or metal corners. The cage legs must be at least 1 meter in height. This will serve as a good protection of the furry animal from rodents and predators.
- Final cell collection. Now all parts of the structure are assembled and the roof is installed. Inside mounted trough, drinker and sennik, which can also be made with your own hands.