For the convenient keeping of rabbits in a private household, nothing more compact than cells in several tiers has yet been invented. The simplest of them is the construction on two floors. Is it difficult to make such a structure with your own hands? After reading our article, you will understand that it is completely easy. They will help to make cages for rabbits with their own hands in 2 tiers of photos, simple drawings and description in our article.
Features of the cell in 2 tiers
Bunk cages for rabbits is a simplified version of a well-known three-tier structure. But if the three floors look quite cumbersome, the two-story construction is very light. This type of cage accommodates 2-4 rabbits and has one or two sections on each “floor”. It can be moved or even transferred by removing the rest of the contents from animal cells. Since the spring, this design can be kept on the street or in the summer kitchen.
- height – 200-220 cm;
- width of the structure as a whole 140 cm;
- width of one residential compartment – 50 cm, depth and height of 60 cm;
- 10 cm from each edge of the structure are set aside for the feeder;
- between the living compartments is a sennik, its width at the top is about 20 cm.
Consider that the sizes can be increased on the discretion. However, they should not be less than the proposed, otherwise the animals will be closely. Gnezdovye offices can not build, if this house is planned to keep only males.
Making your own hands
It is very simple to make your own two-storey house. Fuss with him less than with a three-tier. You can take the simplest materials, so designing your own hands will turn into a fascinating process. Also, such handmade art will help save money on the purchase of finished cells. And now let’s find out what tools to use and what materials to take.
Materials and tools
So, in order to assemble a comfortable two-tier house for rabbits with our own hands, we need the following:
- wooden slats 4×4 cm or sawn longitudinally sawn into several parts wooden boards with a thickness not exceeding 4 cm;
- nails, screws, hammer, screwdriver, corners for pallets;
- hinges and handles for doors;
- plywood, chipboard (for the floor, rear wall and the nest);
- staples and stapler;
- fine mesh for sennik and mounting on the outer part of the door;
- material for the roof (take linoleum or polycarbonate, the first one is cheaper, and also protects it from water);
- a tape measure, a pencil, possibly a building level;
- tin for reinforcing wooden protrusions inside the cage;
- pallets for manure from arbitrary material.
Now that we have stocked up with material and tools, let’s try to make a handy cage on 2 floors with our own hands.
- From wooden blanks in size, we knock together rectangular frames. In total there should be four such frames, one on top and bottom of each tier.
- We construct the floor of each section of fine mesh or plywood. If they take plywood, they put it overlapping, nailing it to the frame with small nails. Be sure to leave a distance of 10-15 cm at the back wall for waste disposal. It is covered with a dense, fine-meshed mesh.
- Next, put the back and side walls in the cells. The back wall should always be solid, the side walls should be made of the grid, be sure to provide that between the compartments there will be a V-shaped sennik.
- Manure rabbits will fall into the boxes-pallets or roll down the inclined slopes to the floor, from where it can be easily removed. Inclined iron sheets for the slope of waste are attached to the floor of the cage. Boxes-pallets of the second floor are placed on the bottom, and the pallet of the first floor is placed on the corners, which are attached to the frame-holder under the cage.
- The boxes-pallets themselves are made according to a simple principle – the edges of the timber and the floor of plywood. They must move freely. Guides do not need to put. For hygiene, nail a thin plywood sheet onto the roof of the first tier. Then the feces will not exactly contaminate the cage of the neighboring rabbit from below.
- The doors need to be assembled separately, after which they are hung on the previously screwed hinges, they set the heck. Then inside the design set feeders, drinkers.
- Lastly, we cut the roof using dense, high-quality linoleum or other waterproof and dense material, such as slate, polycarbonate.
- The whole construction is due to the frame-holder. He knocked in the shape of the letter "P". These are ordinary wooden beams to which both cages are screwed. The distance from the floor should be at least 30-40 cm.
Drawing a cell in two tiers
The frame of the two-story house for rabbits
Portable home for four rabbit families