Infections take many rabbit lives. Farmers and owners of decorative animals pay a lot of attention to the fight against germs. Regular cleaning is important, but not enough. Cell disinfection for rabbits and equipment is needed not only after epidemics. It should be a regular preventive measure.
Why do I need disinfection
Bacteria, viruses, fungi are common and extremely hardy microorganisms that cause various diseases. Because of infections, many rabbits die, especially young ones. And if the case has already begun, it is often not possible to save the animals. This is a serious blow to the business, because all livestock may die.
The rabbitks must be disinfected after the case, because the microbes remain. Although it is better not to bring to the tragedies and make the procedure familiar.
Clean up microorganisms in special ways. If you make a mistake, the pests again attack rabbits or other animals, people. Many microbes are dangerous for months and years. They are not afraid:
- regular washing; water;
- low temperature;
- chemistry, or get used to it.
Pathogens can choose a variety of items: rabbit cages, premises, bedding, feeders and more. On large farms, microbes are killed twice a year or more often.
Plus, such cell processing and other things are carried out out of plan:
- in preparation for childbirth;
- due to the transplant of new rabbits, young;
- after illness;
- under unfavorable epidemiological situation in the region.
How to disinfect rabbit cells
Treating the home of animals, premises and equipment with special means. At home, use several ways:
- Apply chemicals. For washing use strong antiseptics and so on.
- Spray chemicals in the form of aerosols.
- Building a hairdryer.
- Car wash "Kärcher".
- Burn. They take, as a rule, a gas burner or a blowtorch.
These methods are tested and effective, but do not guarantee results. Everyone has strengths. For example, chemotherapy is used against staphylococci: formaldehyde, dump, and chloramine. For greater efficiency, the methods are combined, used in turn.
Consider a successful combination of chlorination and roasting. From chemistry take, as a rule, the following:
- Virosan. A broad spectrum drug: effective against viruses, bacteria, fungi. It takes a long time, it is not necessary to wash it off.
- Xylonaph. Heated to at least +70 ° C more efficient. Used for the prevention and treatment of rabbits. In the latter case, the concentration is higher (5%).
- Bromosept-50. Many microbes are afraid of even small doses of the drug. Means does not bear danger to people and rabbits.
- Ecocide C. A powder that is dissolved in water and sprayed.
- Creolin besfenolny – effective against staphylococci, Escherichia coli.
- Lacto pH, Aquasife and similar drugs. They contain lactic, propionic, malic acids. With the help of these tools it is convenient to wash drinkers, water supply systems.
- True friend. Suitable for decorative rabbits. Removes bacteria, odor. Flush optional.
All means for processing rabbitries and inventory used according to the instructions. Preference is given to easy-to-use and relatively safe for humans and animals drugs.
Preparation for the procedure
In order to well disinfect equipment and inventory, preliminary work is needed. Do the following:
- Rabbits are transplanted to other cages, aviaries and premises for a short time.
- In the treated cells, the feeders and drinkers are removed, disconnected, if the design allows.
- Clean the litter. They wield a dustpan, brushes, a broom. Waste and litter are not left next to the cage, but are bagged and disposed of.
- Disinfection is used for minor repairs. At the same time find and fix breakdowns.
- Wash the cells and stuff. Convenient to use hot water hose. Where badly washed, use a stiff brush. Carefully scrub every corner. Remember to wash the cages outside.
- Rub again. Suitable for any detergent.
- Allow to dry. It is good if there is an opportunity to dry inventory and cells in direct sunlight.
Such training is required. When done in good faith, the number of microbes is reduced by about 40%.
How to disinfect rabbit cells
After washing and drying, they carry out the main work. Features depend on the method of disinfection. For example, when fired with a blowtorch, they act as
- Clean flammable items. Wood and metal cages are suitable for firing. Glass, slate, plastic, ceramics are afraid of fire. For cells with such parts, choose another method. Sometimes some items are removed and treated with boiling water.
- Pass by fire first from the inside. They try to keep the jet uniform and linger on each small section for about two minutes. The tree becomes brown.
- Also they burn the cages of rabbits outside.
- Leave to cool.
- They burn objects.
Other disinfection methods:
- Karcher work slowly. Particular attention is paid to the joints. Steam should be in hard to reach places.
- Spray chemicals or thoroughly wash solutions. Air out Means like Lacto pH are fed using special metering devices or passed through summer water mains.
- The jet from the building hair dryer also penetrates well into the joints. For hard-to-reach places, this tool is better suited than a blowtorch. Although the latter is considered more effective against germs.
After processing, cooling and airing put, put everything in places: feeders, litter and so on. Rabbits are returning home.
Sometimes you have to process cages with animals. In these cases, use chemical solutions. And the funds should be safe. Suitable, for example, lactate (lactic acid) in a concentration of 20-25%.
Disinfection after illness
Processing depends on the time and purpose of the procedure. Disinfection after illness has its own characteristics. For example, after myxomatosis, rabbit cells are cleaned, treated with a special compound, for example, a solution of bleach 10-20%. Disinfect 2-3 times. Before each new arrival they wait 3 hours. After 2 weeks before settling the rabbits, repeat the procedure again.
In other cases, the choice of remedy depends on the disease:
- Staphylococcosis. For disinfection suitable formaldehyde 4%. Sometimes its aerosol is used in a concentration of 20%.
- Listeriosis Suitable the same tool in the form of an aerosol.
- Salmonellosis. It is recommended to use Xylonaf 2.5%.
- Pasteurellosis. Formalin is most often used 1%.
- Ringworm. The combination of caustic soda (1%) and formaldehyde (3%). The solution is heated to +50 ° C. They take place twice a day.
Disinfection after death
Myxomatosis and VGBK are especially dangerous for rabbits. They lead to the death of up to 100% of the animals. With the threat of disease, disinfection of rabbit cells and equipment is carried out once every 10 days for prophylactic purposes. This is necessary if there is a disease outbreak or epidemic nearby.
After the death of rabbits disinfection is mandatory. Without it, there is no point in continuing work. Otherwise, microbes will constantly destroy the rabbits.
Small items are not processed – drinkers, litter burned. Before disinfection, the cells of dead animals are first cleaned with hot caustic soda 2%, then treated with a basic solution, for example, Lysol 6%.
After two weeks, you can again settle animals. The time depends on the specific microbes. Proper disinfection of rabbit cages, rooms, objects helps to continue the business.
Other effective methods of disinfection
In addition to veterinary and professional means there are more simple. They are available and effective too. For disinfection of rabbit cells are suitable:
- Soda Ash 2%. Dilute in hot water. Leave everything disinfected for 30 minutes, then rinse. It is convenient to process not only cells, but also small objects with a solution of soda ash.
- White. In the composition there is chlorine. The tool is diluted with water at the rate of 1:10. The solution is popular among rabbit breeders.
- Ash liquor. Wood ash is thrown into the water, stirred. Proportion – 1: 3. Cook for half an hour. Apply the solution hot. Small items are immersed in ash liquor. The tool is considered safe, so you can leave rabbits in cages during processing.
- Iodine 5%. Prepare a solution – take 25 ml of the drug per liter of water. Wash or spray. Leave cells and treated items for an hour. Then washed, dried.
- Bleaching powder. Bleaching is dissolved in water at the rate of 1 or 2 kg per 1 liter. Then always add 10 liters of water, insist 24 hours. Filtered.
- Burnt lime The lime is stirred in water: 1 kg in 1 l. Add another 9 liters. Lime milk is obtained in a concentration of 10%. Means kills germs within 6 hours after preparation. Further properties are lost.
There are other methods and methods of disinfection. If the composition contains acids, alkalis, even ordinary water, the metal parts of the cells are gradually destroyed. For protection, sodium metasilicate 2% (liquid glass) is sometimes added.
Disinfection of cells, rooms and equipment is a common procedure for a rabbit breeder. This is an important job that helps prevent livestock infection. It is important to choose the right way and follow the instructions.