Options from which you can make rabbit there are many. Some are more comfortable for furry animals, others are better suited for financial reasons. Which option to choose is decided only by the breeder, but one thing remains unchanged: the grid for the rabbit cage should not bring inconvenience to either the animal or the owner.
You can make completely different variants of the mesh cells on your own. Animals everywhere should feel good. The most common designs of the grid are the following:
- Construction without frame on the supports. It is something like a bird cage. More suitable for content in the premises.
- Construction for rabbits with a frame. In this embodiment, you can build a wooden or metal frame and sheathe it, but you can build a structure as in the first embodiment and sheathe it with a skeleton.
Now about what you need to use the grid? The fact is that the usual cheap, which can be used for chicken coops will not work. First, it will not bear the weight of an adult rabbit, especially if you plan to breed giants. Secondly, the paws of the long-eared can fall, therefore there will be many frequent dislocations and fractures.
The best option would be to use in the manufacture of a galvanized product with a wire with a diameter of 14 or 16 mm. For the top and sides, you can use a grid with a cell of 25×50 mm. For the bottom, so that the legs of the rabbits do not fall down, a smaller cell is needed, approximately 10×25 mm. You can purchase such material in any market in rolls. If you have already decided on the size, you can even ask to cut the material in size.
To attach the mesh walls to each other, when making the house yourself, it is better to use special brackets or fastening rings. Well, if the mesh is attached to the frame, even ordinary nails will do. In our embodiment, the cage will be made of mesh material, and around it a frame with legs will be made.
Toolkit and materials
- mesh with cell 25×50 mm;
- mesh with cell 10×25 mm;
- fastening rings;
- tin sheets for pallets for excrement;
- plywood on the partition and wall insulation;
- bars 50×100 mm for the frame;
- nails or screws;
- metal corners to make the frame stiffness;
- canopies of 7 pieces;
- plastic edge;
- bolt 1-2 pieces, depending on how many doors will be;
- roofing material (slate, corrugated board, etc.);
- screwdriver or screwdriver;
- hacksaw or circular saw;
- scissors for metal;
- file for removing sharp edges of the wire.
- It starts with the need to determine the size of the structure. Dimensions are based on the number of individuals that are planned to be kept in the rabbit. It can be only 1 fluffy, and maybe two or more. It all depends on you and your requests. But remember that this design is not suitable for the queen cell, since the floor is everywhere mesh.
- Suppose with the size you figured out. Now, based on the size, we cut the mesh on the front, back and side walls. Front and back will be the same, the sides are also the same in size.
We carry out a house for rabbits on the street or where it should stand. We put pallets, drinkers and feeders. At this construction of rabbit from the grid at home is completed.