"Rabbits are not only valuable fur …". Many people know this phrase from the archives of the Anshlag. Rabbit down is still widely popular, in addition, the dietary meat of these animals attracts carnivorous gourmets. Growing animals at home requires a lot of effort and effort. The first thing you need is to make cages for rabbits and provide them with comfortable living conditions.
Place to stay
Place to accommodate the rabbit dwellings choose carefully. The livestock of a small animal and its health depends on it. Therefore, they are placed in a place where there are no drafts and wind.
It is not necessary to install the rabbitry indoors. It can perfectly stand in the open air, subject to certain requirements.
Street buildings have certain advantages. Firstly, convenience in the organization of the maintenance of pets according to all the rules rabbit breeding. Secondly, it is very difficult to maintain proper hygienic conditions indoors; it is much easier to do this in the open air.
When searching for a place for a rabbit, take into account the number of wards. In addition, there is a certain division of livestock into several groups for separate residence. Here are the main representatives:
- Male rales. The cage must be spacious so that the animal can move a lot, otherwise it will lose its reproductive functions. Preferred aviary.
- Little Rabbits. Up to four females can be in one place at a time.
- Pregnant little rabbits. Separate cage with a nest for newborns of rabbits.
- Little bunnies. When they begin to eat on their own, it is better to separate them from their mother – this contributes to a better weight gain.
- Youngsters Until puberty, young animals are kept away from adults – for better fattening.
Dimensions and materials for manufacturing
The size of the cells, their appearance depends largely on the breed of animals bred. Usually the height of a single-tier cell is not more than half a meter. The back wall is always ten centimeters lower. The width of the cells most often ranges from half a meter to 70 cm. The length is the most diverse size, but rarely exceeds the one and a half meter line.
For the nest make a separate compartment, fully enclosed. The nest itself is a box half a meter long and about 40 cm wide, a height of no more than 30 cm.
They make cages of wood and plywood, but rabbits easily gnaw through a wooden wall. Therefore, to eliminate this problem, inside all walls are covered with tin or galvanized mesh. Mesh dwellings for long-eared rodents are very popular.
The bottom of the cells is made from a mesh with a small cell. If the walls are also from the grid, then the cells for them may be larger.
The roof is usually made of wood, and the top covered with slate from the weather, if the cells under the open sky.
There are many different cage designs for domestic rabbits. There are whole rabbit fur farms. For example, a well-established two-tier complex, the upper tier of which is reserved for the classic cage with a nest, and the lower tier is like an aviary for walks. The tiers are connected by a hole and a narrow ladder for the animals.
Many make cells in three tiers. Three-tier and other high-rise buildings equip retractable pallets for cleaning.
Many different options for rabbit cages: there are drawings with dimensions on the World Wide Web. In addition, many firms offer industrial cells.
There are many drawings, but the principle and order of production is the same:
- Drawings are prepared in advance. They must have all the dimensions of the future structure;
- To properly build a house for eared wards, immediately collect all the necessary materials;
- From wooden bars they knock together a strong frame;
- If there is a compartment for the mother liquor, it is usually done immediately with an inlet of centimeters 20 raised from the floor. So that the rodents do not widen the entrance, they embrace the edges with tin;
- Turn the whole structure upside down and nail the bottom. If it is a grid, then use plastic or wooden slats for reliable fixation. The compartment with the nest is hammered with plywood or boards, then it is covered with tin inside;
- Reiki nailed mesh walls, if any. Close up the back wall, not forgetting to protect it from gnawing;
- Equipment feeders and drinkers;
- Do the doors and fix them;
- Establish a structure on the legs, so as not to lay on the ground;
- Covering housing for fluffy lodgers.
In addition to the classic options for the construction of housing for rabbits, on the Internet are original projects. So, recently, Mikhailov’s cage for rabbits is very popular, the drawings and the design of which have a number of positive advantages over the classic fellow. Here are some of them:
Partial automation of water supply, feed and waste disposal;
A well-made dwelling for long-eared pets is a guarantee of their health, well-being, and also large numbers. This is important if breeding rabbits is part of the replenishment of the family budget. What project to choose – decide depending on the purpose of breeding these animals.