This process does not seem laborious, if you withstand all the conditions to the premises for breeding rabbits. One of the main requirements is to respect the scale of such buildings. Therefore, initially you need to determine the size of the cells for rabbits. Even with a small number of animals, one stand at all will not be enough. It is necessary to plan at least three pieces. First you need to prepare cell drawings for rabbits.
A detailed drawing showing even the smallest details of the construction will provide you with a reliable construction.
There are many types of such stands; the following structures have recommended themselves best:
- cage without supporting structure with supporting struts;
- frame cells.
Making such structures will serve homemade galvanized plaited weaving solid wire. To the tops and sides of the cells, a grid with 25×50 mm links will be sufficient. The lower part involves the use of small cells – in order to avoid slipping of the paws of fluffy animals. If you have determined the size, you can begin construction.
In our case, the cage will be an externally mesh structure, surrounded by a base with legs.
Step by step production
The construction of such a structure consists of several stages. Before you make a cage for rabbits with your own hands, you need, based on the size, to cut certain parts of the sides.
A pre-made template will help to create equal-sized front and back parts, which are neatly cut from the web of the net roll. Then the sides are cut, completely coinciding along its perimeter.
- The constructed rectangle is covered with a roof, and the grid with a small cell will serve as the base of the floor.
- The original fasteners form the wall.
- Next, set the base of the cell. At the same time, weaving of the mesh of the front part of the very first cell is removed. There will be a tray for animal waste.
- Outlining the doorway, we form a slot. There may be several.
- Doors are also made using mesh and fastened with fasteners.
- Over the resulting box is laid mesh ceiling.
- The frame is made separately using wooden blocks. If the blueprints with the dimensions are precisely marked and exceed the cage itself, and our structure will quietly fit into its supporting base.
Step-by-step photo instruction
The main work is done, now you need to attach the finished structures to the wall with metal parts and put the limiters in order to avoid cage shaking when the animals move. The sides and back are closed with plywood sheets, which are cut out relative to the dimensions of the frame, and not the size of the mesh formations. Now it remains to fill the place of detention with accessories necessary for the vital activity of rabbits: feeders, drinkers, a tray, and it is possible to populate the rabbit with animals. This is the most common way to build a rabbit cage using the net method.
The manufacture of cages for rabbits must be thought out and serve as a guarantee that the animals will actively develop and gain weight. The popular scheme of such development belongs to I. N. Mikhailov, the famous rabbit breeder. The cages for Mikhailov rabbits have an accessible and understandable guide for the construction of the building itself at home.
Mikhailov’s cage is made according to already developed drawing projects.
The essence of his technique consists in dividing a cell into three parts: top, bottom and stand section, each of which has its own functional affiliation. Thus, the upper part has one or two tiers, the lower base contains a tray for collecting faeces, as well as a compartment, where they are stored and stored until the excavation. The support frame is also a fixing base. And the compartments of Mikhailov’s cage for rabbits, intended for drinking and feed, move forward a little.
Thanks to such a scheme of the place of detention, Mikhailovsky rabbitry requires minimal care – about an hour a week, and animals are kept on the street all year round.
Cases are mainly made of metal, and wood is used for insulation. There are simplified versions of similar rooms for rabbits, which differ in appearance, so we select the main features of the ratio of cell sizes according to the Mikhailovsky method:
- the total area of one section accommodating a pair of animals ranges from 1.4 square meters. m .;
- cage height is 2.1 m, width 2.4 m;
- each cell section is constructed with a width of 0.6 m and a height of 0.7 m;
- Queen cells have a length of 0.4 m, width of 0.35 m, the cone of the collection of waste products can have any size.
The base in the form of legs on a frame stand reaches a height of 1.4 m. It is necessary to fix the supporting structure with locking elements. Thus, the necessary stability is achieved even in the most simplified construction.
Rabbit Rabbit Zolotukhina
One of the most popular today are the cages for rabbits N. I. Zolotukhin, a man who put forward a number of necessary transformations that approximate the conditions of animals at home to the natural features of their life activity. This is how an economical and fairly simple creation of Zolotukhin appeared.
This design saves space, does not require daily cleaning, thereby facilitating the care of breeders.
We highlight the main features of the variant design N. Zolotukhin:
- With the help of flat slate or a sheet of plywood floor is made. The mesh is attached only to the floor of the rear cover. The pallet is not provided at all. The developer states that almost always rabbits urinate from the back of the cage. Most of the faeces are collected there. The rest of the feces is scattered across the floor.
- The building has a complex structure, including six compartments located on the floors. Each higher floor is displaced relative to the adjacent floor below, having reached the grid width in the floor. And the front side connecting the floors is a peculiar slope.
- The mother liquor is completely absent. In the cold season, a special shelter for rabbits and rabbits is additionally placed.
Tidying is carried out using a gooseneck as a sweeping device.
Cage for rabbits in 2 tiers
The use of multi-storey structures for rabbits at home to this day is the most compact and convenient option for breeding rabbits. There is nothing easier than to build a cage for rabbits with your own hands in 2 tiers.
Experienced owners have developed a special instruction, the manual of which contains the following provisions:
- wooden sticks are joined to form four rectangular bases;
- using the grid with small cells make the floor, then install the side walls;
- since the first floor contains trays for stool, for the convenience of their extraction, the floor is made sloping;
- trays for domestic rabbits are cooked with the help of a bar. The second floor under its base should have a solid plywood sheet to avoid contamination on the first floor;
- the ceiling is made at the last moment with the help of waterproof materials.
To keep two floors, designed a reliable frame. In order to properly perform such a cage design for rabbits, drawings must always be kept at hand. Bunk cages for rabbits have a rule for planning the structure in the shape of the letter “P”, represented by standard cubes fastened together with self-tapping screws.
With such simple tricks you can make cages for rabbits with your own hands, which in their reliability and comfort will not yield to factory structures.